The Pita Chips can be purchased but why buy them when you can buy a package of Pita Bread and make your own at a fraction of the price.
Pita Chips take only minutes to make and if you keep a bag of Pita bread in your freezer. . . you will never have stale chips again.
- 1 bag Pita bread
- olive oil
- seasoned garlic powder. . .I use Johnny's
- coarse ground sea salt
- Lightly brush both sides of your pita bread with olive oil
- Lightly sprinkle with garlic powder and sea salt
- Cut the bread into 8 wedges and separate the each wedge to make 16 chips.
- Put them on a cookie sheet . . you will need to repeat this or use more than one cookie sheet. I used parchment paper to make the cleanup easier.
- Bake at 375 F for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned.. . .set your timer or you will be tossing them all in the garbage. . I've done it.