- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, room temp.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Beat soft butter and sugar with wooden spoon or hand mixer until well mixed.
- Add egg and milk.
- Combine dry ingredients and stir in with wooden spoon.
- Spread into greased and floured 9x9 inch pan.
- Choose your topping and spread over top.
- Bake at 350° F for 25 - 35 minutes – longer if using fruit topping.
* Plain - 1/3 cup brown sugar mixed with 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
* Apple - arrange thinly sliced apples on top before sprinkling on ¼ - 1/3 c white or brown sugar mixed with cinnamon. Bake at 350° F, 40 - 45 minutes.
* Cinnamon/oat - combine 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle over top of batter. Bake at 350° F, 30 minutes.