Happy St. Patricks Day!
Add a touch of green to your dinner table tonight with these delicious Guacamole Filled Eggs.
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1 large avocado
- 3 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely minced red onion
- 1 jalapeno, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon finely minced cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- chili powder for garnish
- Cut the hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise and set aside egg yolks for filling.
- In a medium bowl, mash avocado with a fork. Add egg yolks and continue to mash until smooth.
- Add remaining filling ingredients, taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Alternately for a very smooth filling, place filling ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Spoon filling into halved egg whites or place filling into a piping bag with large tip of your choice.
- Sprinkle lightly with chili powder, garnish with cilantro and refrigerate until ready to serve.