Today's recipe is a fresh tasting fruit salad that we have often enjoyed at our extended family gatherings. It goes amazingly well with a turkey and/or ham dinner. You can prepare this the night before the dinner or in the morning of and it keeps well for days.
- 6 - 8 apples
- 1 14oz can pineapple tidbits
- 2 cups pineapple or pineapple/orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- Pour pineapple tidbits, along with the juice, into a large bowl.
- Peel and chop apples into tidbit size, adding to the pineapple tidbits as you chop. Stir in between to allow pineapple juice to coat apples. The juice will keep the apples from going brown.
- In a small pot, bring 1 cup pineapple juice to boil. In the meantime, shake sugar, cornstarch and 1 cup juice in a tightly covered container, then add to boiling juice, stirring until thick and smooth. Allow to cool.
- Pour chopped fruit through colander, then mix with sauce. Chill to serve.