I challenge you to try this recipe. Many people run at the sound of really spicy food, but we really enjoy some extra zip. Pretty little orange Habanero peppers look cute...but man they have kick. I like to add them to home made salsa, and thought I'd try making Habanero Mayonnaise to use as a burger and sandwich spread. Very tasty and just the right amount of spice. The honey and mayonnaise smooth out the flavour. Of course you can add less or more Habanero.
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I like Hellman's brand)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (or substitute with fresh parsley)
- 2 tbsp liquid honey
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1-2 seeded habanero peppers (Leave in the seeds if you want 'fire')
- Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place in a glass jar, cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.