I also like to make a larger batch of the crumble mix (times it by four) and freeze it for a quick dessert another day. Most times I add slivered almonds or chopped pecans.
- 3 - 4 cups berries or chopped apples (Granny Smith & Graffensteins are good)
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cups rolled oats
- Place fruit in a pie size baking dish.
- Blend the rest of the ingredients with a pastry blender until all the butter is blended in to make a crumb mix.
- Squeeze to make larger chunks as you sprinkle it over the fruit.
- Bake at 350 F about 30 min. Serve hot, with ice cream. Serves 4-6