This is another recipe I found in my grocery store flyer with a small change. I wanted to try and compare this lower sugar recipe to other brownies that I've made.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs plus one egg yolk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9 x 9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in mixing bowl.
- In second bowl whisk together eggs, egg yolk, applesauce, vanilla extract, and melted chocolate chips that have been slightly cooled.
- Combine the wet and the dry ingredients and till smooth.
- Pour batter in prepared baking pan.
- Drop dollops of peanut butter over the batter and swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes up clean.
Yield: 12-16 servings depending on your cut.