The mangoes have been exceptionally sweet and juicy lately, and we have enjoyed this salad many times. The dressing is not only great on salads but is also fantastic drizzled on grilled salmon or chicken.
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 or 2 mini cucumbers, sliced
- 1/3 cup cashew pieces or sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a salad bowl, combine greens, mango slices, red onion, cucumber and cashews or almonds.
- Pour dressing over salad and gently toss it all together.
Mango Citrus Vinaigrette:
- 1 ripe mango
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Peel one mango, and remove pit.
- Chop and place in blender with remaining ingredients; puree until smooth.
- Store in a small jar in refrigerator (for up to a week) and shake to blend before use.
Line salad bowl or platter with mixed greens. Top with fresh fruits and berries of your choice, including cubed mango. Serve with mango citrus vinaigrette and candied walnuts or pecans as optional topping.