This bread will have you thinking of coffee time, but not only that. Serve it warm with ice cream for dessert or leave it out for breakfast. It's not very sweet, yet filled with lots of lemon and blueberry flavor. Switch it up with orange rind, if you like.
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- rind (grated) from one large lemon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream (I use 7% fat)
- 1/4 cups oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups blueberries. (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease or line with parchment paper, one 5x9 inch loaf pan.
- Mix dry ingredients along with rind.
- In separate small bowl, mix wet ingredients and add to dry along with blueberries.
- Stir until just combined and spread into loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 - 70 minutes, until cake tests done with pick. Leave in pan for 10 minutes before removing.
- If desired, drizzle with a mix of 3/4 cup icing (confectioners) sugar and juice of about 1/2 lemon.