This coconut loaf is moist and flavorful. I like it plain but you if you desire you can drizzle a glaze over the loaf while still warm.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons coconut flavoring
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- In a medium size mixing bowl cream butter with sugar.
- Add eggs and flavorings and mix well.
- In another bowl mix dry ingredients.
- Stir dry ingredients into creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream.
- Fold in coconut.
- Pour batter into a greased 8 x 4 x 2 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350º for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pan.