A favorite holiday staple at our place is this tasty snack mix, which we call nuts 'n bolts, but which is known by many other names. Here's a somewhat zippy version. Feel free to use the cereals and munchies of your choice. We love adding the Old Dutch popcorn twists but if you aren't Canadian, you won't be finding those on your grocery store shelves.
- 4 cups cheerios
- 4 cups pretzel stix
- 4 cups crispex cereal
- 4 cups popcorn twists
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1-2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ tsp. garlic salt
- 1 ½ tsp. dry mustard
- 1 ½ c tsp. cayenne pepper
- Mix together the cereal, popcorn and nuts in a large roasting pan.
- Melt butter and add seasonings and Worcestershire sauce. Drizzle over cereal mixture and stir well to coat.
- Bake at 200° F for 2 hours, stirring every ½ hour.