Harvest Brown Bread
2 Tablespoons fast rising yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup warm water
1 Tablespoon salt
1 large tablespoon honey
4 cups warm water
2 cups rye flour
3 cups whole wheat flour
3 cups white flour
1/2 cup oil
1 cup sunflower seeds, raw and shelled
- Prepare yeast mixture by dissolving sugar in lukewarm water...add yeast and let stand ten minutes.
- In large bowl, dissolve salt and honey in warm water...add yeast mixture.
- Mix together the three types of flour. Add flour slowly to mixture in bowl and beat well.
- Add oil and sunflower seeds.
- Knead in enough white flour to make dough smooth and elastic.
- Cover and allow to rise in a warm place until light.
- Punch down and form loaves. Let rise until doubled in bulk.
- Bake at 375F for 30 minutes.
- Yield 4 medium loaves