- 10 cups tomatoes (peeled, chopped and drained)
- 8 small jalapeno peppers chopped (remove seeds for less heat)
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped green peppers
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 1/3 cups vinegar
- 1 can 12 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 Tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 3 Tablespoons pickling salt
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- Combine all ingredients and simmer for 1 hour.
- Ladle into jars; tighten lids and process for 20 minutes in hot water bath.
*This also makes a wonderful, tasty fresh salsa. Place chopped veggies in a large bowl. Mix vinegar, tomato paste, herbs and seasonings and add to chopped vegetables. Stir to combine. Keeps well in the refrigerator for a week.