This simple and delicious Italian chicken bake is one I originally posted in fall of 2008. Since then I have made it a number of times and tweaked it a little.
Bruschetta Chicken Bake:
- 1 19 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained (if using 14 oz. can tomatoes, add 1/2 cup water)
- 1 package (120 g) Stove Top stuffing mix for chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or 4 chicken breasts)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves)
- 1 cup Tex/Mex shredded cheese
- Mix tomatoes, stuffing mix and garlic.
- Cut chicken breasts into bite-size pieces and spread in 13x9-inch pan (sprayed with cooking oil).
- Sprinkle with basil leaves (I prefer fresh) and shredded cheese.
- Cover with stuffing mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes at 375°F or until chicken is cooked through (165° F on meat thermometer).
- Serve with a green salad.