Here is a light, luscious and lemony 'no-bake' cheesecake that is the perfect ending to a special occasion meal. Or forget the meal and just enjoy this dessert with with good friends! With Valentine's Day just around the corner, I thought I'd share a recipe that I served recently...a dessert that would be the perfect finale on February 14th. You may just want to put it on your 'Saturday in the kitchen' agenda for next weekend!
- 1 1/3 cups Oreo Baking Crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 envelope unflavoured gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup hot water
- zest of 1 lemon (finely grated)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (juice of 2 lemons)
- 1 - 8 oz /250 gr package cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Combine chocolate cookie crumbs and melted butter. Pat into a 9-inch spring-form pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; then add hot water while stirring. Stir in lemon zest and juice. Allow to cool for several minutes (but do not let set).
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until very smooth. Add gelatin mixture and combine well.
- In a separate bowl, whip cream until stiff. Gently fold whipped cream into cheese mixture.
- Pour filling into crust. Refrigerate for at least four hours or overnight.
- Remove from pan and serve, topped with raspberry sauce (below), fresh raspberries and additional whipped cream.
Easy Raspberry Sauce:
- 2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
At this point, you can eliminate the seeds by passing through a strainer. We like the seeds!
Store in closed container in fridge for several days.
This dessert can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for several days. It also freezes well.