I love Flashback Fridays...it's fun to see how things have changed over the years and we get to post yet another tried and true recipe. This will be one of those that is seasonal and you will want to try it this month while we have the fresh raspberries. This cake is sure to give you the royal raves as you whip it up and share it with a large scoop of ice cream.
"My walking partner phoned this morning and said she needed a day to catch up. Fair Enough!
I totally agreed and while we were quickly talking about our activities, I told her I needed a quick fix for coffee. "Do I run to town or make something?" She responded, "Do you have raspberries?"
"I sure do." Thanks Laurie for this suggestion." (July 2008)
We enjoy this recipe every year during berry season.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp.vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups fresh raspberries
- Heat oven to 375.
- Cream your margarine, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and add to creamed mixture.
- Mix with hand mixer until texture is light and fluffy.
- Add milk and vanilla, beating well after each addition. (enough milk so it is spreadable)
- Spread cake batter into greased 9x13 greased pan.
- Add about 4 cups of fresh raspberries on top of the cake.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp cream or milk.
- Mix ingredients together until smooth and drizzle over cake.
- Add a scoop of ice cream and you are ready to go!
Little did I know 8 years later, that I would have a little princess helping me pick these berries. Thank you Ivy!