We recently took and Alaskan Cruise and I really enjoyed the Chilled Raspberry Soup. There were a few culinary classes offered during our cruise and I couldn't resist taking them in. I asked the chef if I could share this recipe and she said "of course...many people take this one home to share".
It's a perfect hot summer's day soup to serve before the main course.
- 2 pints fresh raspberries, (or frozen and thawed)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup ginger ale
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp triple sec (or 2 tbsp orange juice if you want a non alcoholic choice)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Reserve 6 raspberries for garnish.
- Use a blender or food processor to puree raspberries until smooth.
- Over a non reactive bowl strain pureed fruit through a cheese cloth or fine sieve to remove seeds. Discard seeds.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients, and add in the pureed and sieved raspberries.
- Pour soup into a glass jar or bowl. Cover well and refrigerate until very cold.
- I like to place individual serving bowls in the refrigerator for about and hour before serving soup. Add chilled soup to chilled bowls. Garnish with remaining raspberries and serve immediately.