I wanted to share with you one of the tasty morsels that will be served at our New Years eve party this year. Fresh pineapple chunks wrapped in good quality bacon that has been caramelized with brown sugar. Need I say more?
It's a delicious treat, quick to put together and easy to clean up!
If you enjoy bacon and pineapple... I know you will enjoy these.
- 1 pound of good quality bacon, sliced in half crosswise
- 1 fresh pineapple cut into bite sized pieces (or one container cored and sliced)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Prepare a pan by placing a piece of parchment paper large enough to fit over the sides. Crumple pieces of foil to act as a disposable rack so that the bacon fat can render off and allow the bacon to crisp without sitting in the fat.
- Place brown sugar in a plastic bag and add bacon a few pieces at a time to shake until they are fully covered in brown sugar.
- Wrap each half piece of bacon around a piece of pineapple and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake at 325 for 45 minutes. Check every 15 minutes to see how they are doing. You will need enough time for them to crisp up but not burn. Baking them in a slow oven will allow them to caramelize perfectly. Serve warm.
Blessings on each of you as you say goodbye to 2013!