I thought I'd squeeze in one more grilling recipe, before the season is done. Along with this chicken I served a German Potato Salad and thought I'd share it as a meal combo idea. It's a nice menu for four adults or you can multiply as you like.
Ginger Chicken Marinade
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sherry cooking wine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh minced ginger root*
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Montreal Chicken Spice
- Mix all ingredients and let sit for an hour or so to blend flavors. Pour over 8 boneless chicken thighs and allow to marinate for about one hour before grilling.
* An easy way to have fresh ginger on hand is to peel a piece and freeze it. To use, simply grate on fine part of grater while still frozen and return unused portion to freezer.
Hot German Potato Salad
- 16 - 20 nugget potatoes (about a pound)
- 4 - 5 slices bacon, fried, drained and diced (keep drippings)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp prepared mustard
- 3 Tbsp vinegar
- 4 Tbsp water
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 - 3 Tbsp cream (optional)
- Cut potatoes in half and cook, leaving skin on. This will take about 10 - 15 minutes. Drain.
- In the meantime, prepare bacon, set aside and cook onion in drippings until golden / transparent looking. Stir in sugar, mustard, vinegar, water, salt and pepper. Let simmer.
- Just before serving, add bacon, then add mixture to potatoes in pot. Stir in cream and reheat.
- Garnish with parsley or minced green onion.