Last week I noticed two near perfect avocados sitting on my counter. I was about to choose one to add to our supper salad when Scot told me to he had bought them to use for breakfast the next morning. I didn't ask any questions and was very impressed when I arrived at the breakfast table the following morning.
There sat two cute little avocado halves topped with bacon and eggs. The creamy texture of the hot baked avocado was complimented by the bacon and egg, that when cooked was almost the texture of a poached egg. He can keep on cooking in my kitchen....these were outstanding!
- 1 ripe avocado, (but not overly soft)
- 4 pieces of bacon
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- green onions, thinly sliced, optional for garnish
- Cut avocado in half and remove seed.
- Fry bacon until lightly crisp, but still pliable.
- Place avocado halves on the underside of a muffin tin, resting it between the inverted cups. This will hold it in place so it does not roll. (Cleaver guy!)
- Lightly salt and pepper avocado.
- Using a sharp knife separate the meat from the skin of the avocado, but still leave it in tact.
- Cut bacon into 2" pieces and gently slide it between the meat and skin of the avocado and around the top edge.
- Break one egg over each bacon topped avocado, filling the hole.
- Sprinkle with the paprika.
- Bake in oven preheated to 375º for 20 minutes or until egg is cooked to your liking.
- Garnish with green onions and serve immediately with a slice of toast.