- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (use white chocolate, dark chocolate or milk chocolate)
- Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Line two nine inch round cake pans with parchment paper.
- Divide dough in half, and spread each half evenly in a lined cake pan, leaving a small gap around the edge of the pan
- Bake cookies on center rack at 350°F for about 15 minutes..or until set.
- Cool completely before removing from pan.
- Now your cookie-cake is a blank canvas waiting to be written on. Melt white chocolate, put into a Zip-loc bag, snip one corner and write a message to the happy recipient. Or mix up a batch of butter-cream frosting, use a pastry bag and decorate.
Place on serving platter...