I consider this a quick summer meal which is so fresh with all the summer produce and the light citrus dressing which ingredients are fairly common in our pantry and refrigerators. The drizzle is quickly combined and drizzled over it all. It combines your protein and salad all in one dish.
Panfried Halibut with Veggie Slaw and Citrus Dressing
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced savoy cabbage
- 8 small sweet peppers (various colors), julienned
- 2 cups cherry/grape tomatoes (various colors), halved
- 4 cups spring lettuce mix
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dillweed
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons liquid honey
- 6 - 4 ounce portions halibut
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Mix together all the vegetables in the slaw except the spring lettuce mix and set aside.
- Combine the white balsamic vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, herbs and honey in a small bowl to create dressing. Whisk together to emulsify, and set aside.
- Heat a large non stick frypan over medium high heat.
- Season both sides of the halibut and add to the oil in the pan and sear on one side until golden brown and then turn over and add the vegetable broth.
- Cover and poach for an additional 5 minutes until the halibut flakes.
- Pour half of the Citrus Dressing over the Vegetable slaw and divide the slaw between 6 serving plates.
- Add ¼ cup poaching vegetable broth to the citrus drizzle.
- Place a piece of halibut over top the slaw and drizzle remaining citrus dressing/poaching liquid over the halibut.