- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup pancake flour mix (find the recipe for the mix here - scroll down to pancake flour mix )
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 pkg of instant vanilla pudding (153 g size pkg) prepared according to pkg instructions
- whipping cream 1/2 cup - whipped separately and added to pudding- optional
- Pour 1/2 cup water into a saucepan, add the butter and heat until butter melts and mixture returns to a boil
- Turn down the heat, then add all at once the 1/2 cup flour and stir vigorously until mixture pulls together and away from the sides of the pot.
- Remove from heat ... let sit for a minute or two.
- One at a time add the eggs beating vigorously after each addition until batter is perfectly smooth.
- Drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheet and bake at 375' for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to cake rake... and let cool.
- Slice half-way open and fill with a teaspoon of prepared pudding
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the tops.
Variation - Cheese Puffs
My granddaughter loves these made like Anneliese's with 1/4 cup grated cheese and 1/2 tsp dry mustard. Follow recipe as above and mix in the dry mustard and the grated cheese after you have added the eggs. (eat plain or with creamed meat filling)