Some weeks ago Colleen Wohlgemuth wrote me a sweet e-mail, and requested a recipe for baking powder biscuits. I had been thinking of working on a biscuit recipe that tasted good -- I didn't have one.
So I worked on it with different flours ... and I like the flavour and texture of this biscuit recipe.
You could of course dress it up for the holiday with adding shredded cheese or bacon bits or whatever you desire !
- 1/4 cup millet flour
- 1/3 gluten free oat flour
- 1/4 white corn flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp xanthan gum (or guar gum)
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites
- Mix the flours together thoroughly with the other dry ingredients
- Cut in the cold butter
- Whisk together the egg, milk and sour cream
- Stir the liquids gently and quickly into the dry mixture
- Drop by tbsp onto greased cookie sheet
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes
Enjoy warm from oven - or cold.