Trucks, tractors and heavy equipment began to role on the yard. And soon I saw the older generation forking up the sheaves on to the wagons, I knew I needed to plan a Tail Gate Party for the Threshing Bee!
I apologized to my grandsons and explained that I would need to make a quick change of plans.
My oldest grandson said, "No worries Oma, why don't you post on your Mennonite Girls Can Cook Blog, "Levi's Healthy Fruit Popsicles?" Little, did I know that he even knew what that meant.
I thought to myself for a minute...Why not? He loves to make his own concoctions in my kitchen and what better way than to encourage these young boys to create their own recipes in my kitchen.
The yeast, that unfortunately did not get used.
- two frozen fruit popsicles (he was quick to add that you can find them at Safeway)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 6 Tbsp. meal replacement powder (the stuff that Oma drinks every morning)
- Soften popsicles slowly in microwave until you can crush them.
- Mix the following ingredients in a bowl, yogurt, blueberries replacement powder.
- Now add the softened popsicle mixture and mix well till smooth.
- Pour into popsicle containers, or small containers.
- Insert popsicle stick into container.
- Freeze till hard.
I love nothing more than giving these boys country living at it's best.