Summer time is burger time.
Fresh Pico de Gallo, fresh slices of avocado and a spicy mayo
give this burger a bit of a bite.
Ingredients for burgers:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1 1/2 tbsp dry taco seasoning
Using your hands mix all ingredients together well. Form into 4 burger patties.
Ingredients for Pico de Gallo:
- 3-4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup diced yellow and red pepper, combined
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 small seeded jalapeno pepper, dice very small
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro or parsley
- 2-3 grinds fresh pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- juice of one fresh lime (do not use bottled lime juice)
Add all ingredients together in a non metallic bowl. This can be made earlier in the day, covered and refrigerated.
Ingredients for spicy mayo and other toppings:
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Sambal Oelek, which is ground fresh chili paste. You could substitute with hot sauce, or if you don't like it hot use ketchup.
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Tex Mex cheese
- 4 kaiser buns
Method: Once you have all your toppings ready, fire up the barbecue. The last few minutes the burgers are on the grill top with cheese. Build your burger and enjoy!
Congratulations to Mrs. Pyle. ..from Mrs. Pyles Baking Adventures for winning our Third Anniversary Celebration Signed Book. We loved all the comments. I printed them all off and numbered them and used a random number generator to pick the winner.
"I love the wareneki! It was something I had never even heard of but my hubby loves it and I love to make it! Congrats on 3 years!"
June 11, 2011 9:20 AM