I love meals that I can cook in my slow cooker, especially if I have a busy day, or plan for company or family coming for Sunday dinner after church.
This is a versatile dish that can easily made into more if you are cooking for a larger crowd.
I made this for 16 people and used about 1/2 lb. per person.
But to make for 6-8 servings start with-
- 3 lbs of round steak cut into pieces, the size of your palm.
- 1/2 cup of seasoned flour
- 2 large onions chopped
- 2 green or red peppers
- 1 can of tomato sauce 398 ml/ approximately 1 and 2/3 cups
- 1/2 of the can with water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Coat the round steak with the seasoned flour and brown in a bit of Olive Oil.
- Place the browned steak in a casserole dish or Slow Cooker
- Saute the onions and peppers until soft
- Place on top of steak.
- Pour over the tomato sauce, water and Worcestershire sauce
- Cover and bake at 350 for 2 hours.
- or on high in the slow cooker for 4 hours or Low for 8 hours
- Serve with Mashed Potatoes Rice or Noodles, good with any of these, pick your favorite.