It is Saturday again, and it is cleaning day for many of us. I can't tell you how excited I am about this way of cleaning, it even has the younger generation helping out with a smile.
I used it on my stove and cleaned up the grease and spaghetti sauce with one stroke, and the mirrors just shine. I love it!!!
These days we are always looking for better ways of being good to our environment, and our own health. I always appreciate it when people pass on their ideas as to what they use to clean their home. These ideas came from my friend Karin that uses nothing else to clean. She says that the following she uses for windows, mirrors, sinks, appliances, just about anything.
- 16 oz spray bottle (I used a 32 oz bottle and doubled the ingredients)
- 1 tbsp. rubbing alcohol
- 1/2 cup of vinegar
- 1 tsp. dish soap
- Add enough water to fill spray bottle
- Spray on anything that you wish to clean and wipe with a soft cloth.
Tea Tree Oil as a disinfectant
- Once a week put four drops in the toilet, swish and let it sit til the next flush.
- Or put a few drops in with some water in a spray bottle and spray down areas like toys or door knobs.
- Puts few drops of Tea Tree Oil in the palm of your hand with shampoo helps to rid of lice (or keep them away) as well. We used this tip when we needed it and learned from personal experience that it really did work! Don't forget the hair still needs to be combed through with a special nit comb to get rid of any nits. Keep doing it until you don't see any nits anymore.
I would love to hear your ideas, or tips that you have for environmentally friendly and safe cleaning. Please share them in the comment box.