I had some extra potatoes and sweet onions that needed to be used so here's an off the cuff recipe I came up with that ended up being very tasty and good for a side dish at lunch or dinner or good to serve up with eggs at breakfast.
- 3 russet potatoes sliced thin
- 2 sweet onions sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence or thyme
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Heat olive oil in large skillet.
- Add onions, potatoes, salt and pepper.
- When the onions and potatoes soften add the herbs and sugar and butter.
- Cook until potatoes are cooked through and start browning nicely.
We served these along side lamb sandwiches and some green salad. Add more seasoning to your taste.