2 – 3 Tbsp butter, divided
1 cup sliced mushrooms
10 cups fresh chopped up spinach (about 275 gm)
OR 1 pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed
4 – 5 eggs
salt and pepper to taste
- Butter a small Pyrex dish such as a pie plate.
- Cook mushrooms in a little butter until juices disappear. Dish into pie plate.
- Cook spinach in a large pot with a small amount of water, just enough to steam it until it shrinks down (a few minutes). Remove any excess water and spread on top of mushrooms in pie plate. If using frozen spinach, no need to steam if it's thawed completely.
- Season with salt and dot with butter.
- Crack eggs on top.
Bake at 375 F about 15 minutes or until done to your preference. When the egg whites turn white, watch yolks carefully if you want them a little runny.
- Serve with hashbrowns, or on a toasted English muffin.