- Pastry for a 2 crust 9-10 inch pie (use your favorite recipe or purchase ready-made pastry.)
- 4 cups rhubarb...cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Roll pastry to line 9-10 inch pie plate. Roll out top crust and set aside.
- In large bowl...combine eggs, sugar, flour and nutmeg until well blended.
- Add chopped rhubarb and stir to mix.
- Pour into prepared pie shell.
- Dampen edges.
- Top with second crust.
- Trim and crimp edge to seal.
- Pierce top crust with fork to vent.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 35o°F and continue to bake for another 40 minutes...or until filling is bubbling and rhubarb is tender.