- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 8 strips precooked bacon. . .diced ( you can prefry the bacon and dice it)
- 1 large onion . . .diced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 bell peppers chopped (colors of your choice)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 680 ml or 23 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 - 14 oz or 2 - 598 ml cans baked beans
- 1 - 14 oz or 1 598 ml can red kidney beans
- 1 - 19 oz or 540 ml can black beans
- 1 - 19 oz or 540 ml can chick peas
- 1 tablespoon country Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large heavy dutch oven . . .brown the ground beef, bacon, onion until it is starting to actually "brown" on the bottom of the pan. I do it quite hot and keep stirring it . . .breaking up the beef. You want it to begin caramelizing. .this gives flavour.
- Add the vegetables and continue to simmer until they are wilted.
- Add the tomato sauce and the seasonings.
- Add the beans and bring to a simmer.
- Put on the lid and put it in a 350º oven for an hour.
OH. . .and just a reminder. . .
I'll be picking the winning day for the October giveaway. . .
All the comments of "the random day" will be going into the teapot and a comment will be picked tomorrow morning. The winner will be announced on the top of the sidebar in the morning.
You can still comment today on any of the recipes you have made or. . .might like to make.