- 2 eggs
- ¾ c milk
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 cups flour - could be more
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 generous tsp baking powder
- oil for frying
- left over sloppy joe sauce or chili
- In small bowl, mix eggs with fork and then mix in the rest of the wet ingredients.
- In another larger bowl, mix flour, salt and baking powder, make a well and stir in the wet ingredients. Stir with wooden spoon until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Knead slightly with hands to smooth, adding flour if needed and roll out thinly on floured board or counter.
- Place a tsp of filling about one to one and half inches apart in a row, along one end.
- Fold dough over top of filling and press with a cup to form a perogie like crescent. No need to pinch. Lay on floured cookie sheet until all done before proceeding to fry.
- Heat about 3 - 4 cups of oil – test with a little dough to make sure it fries quickly, or throw in a few kernels of popcorn. Oil is ready when they pop. The trick to not having deep fried food soak up too much oil is to fry it quickly in very hot fat. Use 2 forks and have a pan lined with paper towel ready.