Well here is another recipe to try.
I was watching the food network and wrote the recipe down from the show Ricardo.
I love his accent and his food always looks so good.
He served his with green peas......but this is what mine looks like....
not exactly Ricardo's style, but delish none the less.
What you need is . . ..
- Left over shredded Turkey or Chicken
- Slices of your favorite bread
- Sauce, lots of it.
- 6 tbsp. butter, I used less
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. chili
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. onion salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Melt the butter, add the flour...stirring with a whisk.
- Add all the dry spices to the flour mixture.
- Add the beef broth, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook until nice and thick.
- Take whatever shredded Turkey that you are using and just moisten it with the sauce, in a separate pan and heat the meat through.
- Toast your bread or leave plain.
- Add the chicken
- Cover with second slice of bread
- Pour over desired amount of gravy.
- This makes lots of gravy for lots of sandwiches
- Try to resist the temptation of licking the plate clean...... ;^D).....or you will end up with a double chin....