These cheese straws are really delicious -- good served alone as a snack or with a salad or soup.
With wheat flour the dough is much easier to twist into staws, but do the best you can with the gluten-free dough, it handles quite well.
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup tapioca starch
1/4 cup potato starch
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
1 cup grated cheese
1 tsp worchestershire sauce in 3 Tbsp water
1. Combine flour , salt and cheese in a bowl
2. cut in butter
3 add cold water - more if necessary to make easily handled dough\
4. Roll into a thin sheet (using sweet rice flour on rolling surface)
5. cut into 5"x1/2" strips and twist each strip.
6. put on pan and chill in refrigerator for 1/2 hour or more.
7. Bake at 450' about 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
These are very good... no one would guess they are gluten-free!!