- 1 - 8 oz pkg cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
Cupcakes: (to make 48 mini muffins or 24 - 36 medium)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa, sifted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 can cherry pie filling (won't need the whole can)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- In small bowl, blend filling ingredients until smooth, with mixer. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In large mixing bowl, beat egg, water, vinegar, oil and vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredients, until smooth. Will be a tad runny.
- Fill well greased mini muffin tins 3/4 to almost full (1/2 full if using medium size) .
- Drop a 3/4 tsp of cheese filling in center of each mini cupcake. If using medium size cupcakes you can add a cherry beside the cream cheese filling or some chocolate chips.
- Bake mini muffins at 350º F for 13 min ( medium size for 18 - 20 min).
- Let cool in pans for 5 - 10 minutes before gently removing to wire rack. These freeze well.
- Serve with a dollop of cherry pie filling on top.
1. Drop a dab of cherry pie filling in center, along with the cream cheese filling, before baking.
2. You can also add 1/2 cup chocolate chips to the cheese filling if you like. (not shown)
3. Or bake with cream cheese only and decorate with canned cherries, just before before serving.