1 - 8 oz pkg cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup baking cocoa, sifted
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp soda
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 Tbsp vinegar
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 can cherry pie filling (won't need the whole can)
- In small bowl, blend filling ingredients until smooth, with mixer. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In large mixing bowl, beat egg, water, vinegar, oil and vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredients, until smooth.
- Fill well greased cupcake tins, 3/4 full - if using mini size (1/2 full if using large size). This recipe will make about 48 tiny cupcakes.
- Drop a 1/2 tsp of cheese filling in center of each cupcake. (1 tsp for larger size)
- Bake at 350ºF for 15 min ( 20-25 min for larger size)
1. Decorate with canned cherries, after they are baked, or just before before serving.
3. You can also add 1/2 cup chocolate chips to the cheese filling if you like. (not shown)