We went to this little quaint restaurant and ordered this avocado/tomato salad. Hm.....
This was delicious. But it was too easy...lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, and fresh basil. I know that I always have those ingredients in my home. But what was in that dressing? That became the discussion of our entire meal....
The next night we went back to that same little restaurant and ordered exactly the same salad.
So I think I have experimented enough with dressings over the past months that I will post this recipe. I know my family has enjoyed this salad with a Mediterranean flare.
- Your favorite lettuce greens
- Red Onions
- Fresh Basil
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup oil packed sundried tomatoes, drained & finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. liquid honey (I used 4 Tbsp demerara sugar instead)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- Place all ingredients in a bowl, and whisk thoroughly to combine.
- I often use my small Braun multi-quick hand blender
- Arrange your salad bowls with lettuce greens adding tomatoes, avocados, onions
- Pour immediately over your ingredients in salad bowls.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil.
It goes good with any salad. It becomes a whole meal.