- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
Combine flour and sugar. With pastry blender, cut in butter until crumbly. Press into cookie sheet (10" x 15"). Bake at 350° F for 15 minutes.
- Mix together butter and sugar.
- Blend in eggs.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla.
- Stir in raisins and pecans.
- Pour over base.
- Bake at 350° F for 20 to 25 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched.
- Allow to cool...then cut into squares.
If you can't finish off the whole pan at once...they freeze well and even taste great partially frozen!