Florence's Carrot Cake
- Grate 3 cups of raw carrots, set aside.
- 2 C. white sugar
- 11/4 salad oil
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 C white flour
- 11/2 C. chopped almonds and walnuts
- Mix sugar, oil, and add the dry ingredients. Slowly add all the eggs and flour, and don't forget the yummy almonds. I actually don't use any walnuts. I prefer almonds.
- Now add the carrots to the batter.
- Bake in a well greased 9x13 pan at 350' for 45 minutes.
- 1/4 C. margarine
- 1C powdered icing sugar
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
When it is completely cooled, I cut it up into sections with saran wrap and stick it in my freezer.
But one other option is to phone a bunch of friends, brew a fresh pot of coffee and have a sampling of this terrific cake. Mine is all set to go along on my camping trip this week.
It's about those yummy almonds. What's camping with out a fresh piece of cake and freshly brewed coffee over the fire pit.