I need recipes for baking. . but when it comes to cooking, I often put together dinners from previous flavours that I enjoy. This chicken recipe is easy and can be made earlier in the day. . .refrigerated and popped in the oven 30 minutes before you are ready to serve.
Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breasts
- 1 chicken boneless skinless chicken breast per person
- enough Prosciutto to wrap around. . I used 3 very thin slices per breast
- Cheese of your choice. I used Provolone.
- 1 basil leaf per breast
- 1/4 cup very finely chopped sun dried tomatoes
- Italian seasoning
- olive oil
- Slice almost all the way in half. . horizontally the chicken breast.
- Put a slice of cheese and a small sprinkle of sun dried tomatoes.
- Close the chicken breast up and sprinkle with Italian Seasoning.
- Lay one Basil leaf on top.
- Wrap with Prosciutto.
- Lay each breast on a Baking Pan. . .leaving enough room between each piece of chicken for adequate browning.
- Brush each piece of Chicken with a bit of Olive Oil.
- Bake at 425. . .for 20 minutes. . .slice one to make sure it is no longer pink in the middle. .
- Remove the chicken from the pan. . .pour the juices and scrape the browned bits into a small saucepan to reduce for several minutes. .pour over chicken.
Greek Seasoning and Feta Cheese is a very good flavour combination.