If I have too many 'things on the go' in my kitchen, I bring out that slow cooker. This curry can be made on the stove top as well, adjust instructions accordingly. This is my version of Thai beef which can be a simple and spicy addition to rice, noodles or salad.
- 1 1/2 lbs lean stew meat or steak sliced thinly
- 1 tsp ground ginger, garlic and coriander chutney (or more if you like) (I always have coriander chutney on hand but in it's stead you may use 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander. The chutney I keep is really just ground corriander with salt, garlic and lemon juice. You may make your own in a blender and keep in fridge for several weeks)
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce (more or less to taste)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 red pepper chopped (I keep chopped peppers frozen in my freezer for such recipes)
- 1 onion sliced thinly into strips
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp curry pwd.
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp lime juice