- 2 cups chick peas soaked in water for 24 hours or 1 19oz can of chick peas
- 1/2 spanish onion chopped into fine pieces
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley (fresh if possible)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (fresh and optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup flour
- oil for frying
Drain the chick peas and place in a food processor. Add the onions, parsley, lemon juice and coriander, garlic, cumin and salt to taste. Add the flour and process until well blended. Add more flour if needed to make a binding pliable 'paste'.
Roll into small balls about 1 inch in diameter and flatten into patties. Let them 'rest' for about 15 minutes and then deep fry them in batches in hot oil turning them over once they are a dark brown. Drain them on paper towels and serve with humus and/or tzatziki (recipe under dips).