The last while I've been buying the small brightly colored bell peppers. . and eating them raw.
They are wonderful, but every now and then, I need to use them up.
Sorry about the lousy pictures. . I was in a wee bit of a hurry and this is it.
or use the green bell peppers to have dinner.
1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup cooked rice. . . I always use brown
- 1 small onion chopped fine
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning. . .or more if you like a bit more zip
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsely or cilantro
- you can add a bit of corn or black beans
Mix together all the filling ingredients.
- Fill the peppers which have been either topped and cleaned out. . .or in the case of the mini peppers sliced in half length wise and seeded.
- Lay them in a deep casserole for the big green peppers
- or lay them in a small gratin dish for appetizer size
- 1 can of tomato soup
- 1 can of mushroom soup
- 1 can filled with taco sauce. . .use which ever you prefer
- 2 cups grated cheddar or mexican blend cheese
For the appetizers. . serve with tortilla chips
For the meal size serve with rice .. . and we always have had petite green peas. . because it looks nice on the plate.
I also make this Meat Filling into little meatballs and bake on a cookie sheet until they are nicely browned. Then. . I put them in a 9 X 13 pan and cover with sauce and bake.
This was a family favorite when the boys were still at home.