Tender Pie Crust:
- 4 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 lb Crisco shortening
- 1 Tbsp. Vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- Measure the flour and salt into large bowl.
- Cut in shortening with pastry blender.
- Separate egg. Beat egg white until stiff.
- Stir combined egg yolk, vinegar and water into flour/shortening mixture along with beaten egg white. It may seem too moist, but do not add too much flour. Use flour sparingly and only if it is too sticky.
- Divide into halves and roll out the first half to the measurement of your cookie sheet.
- Fill with your choice of fresh fruit filling.
- Roll out second half of pastry to top the fruit layer.
- Pinch edges. Sprinkle top crust with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake at 425' for 20-30 min.
First treat yourself. Go out and buy the Pamper chef pastry board. I have made pies for many years, I don't know why I didn't buy this sooner.