This is truly a specialty at our house.
Tender Pie Crust
- 4C Flour
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 lb Crisco Shortening
- 1 Tbsp. Vinegar
- 1 C. Water
- 1 Egg
- Measure the flour, salt and shortening. Cut with the metal pie tool cutter.
- Beat egg whites till stiff
- Combine egg yolk & vinegar & water.
- Now combine the three ingredients above and yes it will look a bit mushy, but don't add to much flour. This one needs be be handled with more care. Keep it as light and fluffy.
- Divide into halves and roll out the first half to the measurement of your cookie sheet.
- You may need to add a touch of flour to prevent it from being to sticky.
- I only use this recipe in the large cookie sheets, as it's important to keep your pan layered very thin, 1/2-1" in order for the fruit to bake quickly at a high high heat. 425 degrees.
Check out the Rhubarb Recipe, using this dough crust.
First treat yourself. Go out and buy the Pamper chef pastry board. I have made pies for many years, I don't know why I didn't buy this sooner.