Ingredients for Burfi
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 lb. container Ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1/2 tsp. cardamon powder
- 3 cups powdered milk (please...use skim with all these fattening ingredients!)
- 1 oz. chopped almonds
- 1 oz. chopped pistachios, few strands of saffron, edible silver paper (good luck finding that last item...and there IS such a thing!)
- Melt butter in a saucepan, add cheese and cook over medium heat for 7 minutes
- Add sugar, nutmeg and cardamon and cook for a further 5 minutes until the mixture leaves the sides of the pot.
- Add powdered milk gradually and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 8" x 8" cake pan.
- Sprinkle nuts and saffron and or edible silver paper on top.
REAL Chai Tea recipe coming up.......